The difference between calcium sulphate raised access floor and steel flooring
With the development of society, the electricity demand is also increasing, so to keep the interior clean and tidy, more and more homes and offices are using raised flooring as interior decoration, and among all types of raised flooring, calcium sulphate raised access floor. Steel flooring is the two most widely used flooring. Both types of flooring have the same function and application range, so many users will need clarification about which one to choose. Next, we will analyze and compare these two types of flooring from different perspectives to provide some suggestions on how to choose these two types of flooring.
1. Production process.
(1)Calcium sulphate raised access floor is a three-layer structure, with calcium sulphate substrate in the middle and veneer on the top and bottom. The main raw materials of calcium sulphate substrate are natural gypsum and plant fiber. The raw materials are stirred and combined to solidify into calcium sulphate crystals, which are pulsed and pressed after a long time of maintenance to form a high-strength substrate. After reprocessing, the substrate can be used for different purposes. The top surface is glued with high-pressure laminate (HPL) or PVC or ceramic, the bottom is covered with aluminum foil or galvanized steel, and the four edges are decoratively sealed with black PVC edging, mainly in office buildings and other environments. The surface of the substrate, like steel flooring, can also be pasted with other types of veneer, such as anti-static HPL, PVC, tile, wood flooring, etc.
(2) The base plate of steel flooring is made of a high-toughness cold-rolled steel plate, and the upper plate is made of a hard SPCC steel plate. After the upper and lower steel plates are formed by stretching, punching, and welding, the surface is treated by phosphating and spraying. The middle of the floor is filled with foam cement, which can form a stable load-bearing structure after maintenance. The bare board can be used directly as network flooring in office buildings and other environments, and carpet is usually pasted on the floor to use. The floor can also be pasted with other types of veneer, such as pasting anti-static HPL and PVC within computer rooms, data centers, pasting tiles for banks, etc.
2. Environmental performance.
(1) calcium sulphate raised access floor of gypsum powder and plant fiber content of up to 85% or more, and the material can be naturally degraded recyclable rate of 90% to 97%. It can meet the requirements of environmental protection of project items.
(2) The main component of steel flooring is cement, and the weight of cement can reach up to 80% of the weight of the floor, and the cement is not recyclable.
At the end of the service life of the floor, the recyclable index is a very important factor. Calcium sulphate elevated access floor is preferred for the project with this consideration.
Whether it is the network or anti-static flooring, the price of steel flooring with the same specifications is much lower than calcium sulphate. The fluctuation of the price of steel leads to the price of the steel floor being extremely unstable, while the price of raw materials of calcium sulphate raised access floor is relatively stable. This removes the price advantage of steel flooring compared to calcium sulphate flooring. However, the steel price is now at an all-time high, and the steel floor will still have a price advantage after the steel price returns.
4. Sound insulation performance.
Calcium acid-raised access flooring produces microporous in the crystallization process, and the structural characteristics and high production precision provide excellent sound insulation performance. Good walking performance provides a high degree of comfort and creates a perfect working atmosphere. The sound insulation of a steel floor depends mainly on the thickness of the steel of the floor. When the thickness of the steel plate is below a certain value, a relatively large amount of deformation occurs when people walk on the floor, which causes the floor to make a sound. This is different with floors with thick steel plates.
There is no doubt that calcium sulphate flooring is the heaviest weight of all raised flooring, so the transportation cost of calcium sulphate flooring should be higher.
The above is the difference between calcium sulphate raised access floor and steel flooring, and I hope it will be useful for your purchase and use.